How to apply
To apply, please follow this link: https://jobs.bp.com/job/melbourne/retail-employee-relations-officer/198/5934038. Please note that applications sent via email will not be accepted.
From the deep sea to the desert, from rigs to retail sites and research centres, BP is involved in almost every aspect of the complex energy system that drives our world. Thanks to our reach and 75,000 incredible people, we are one of only a few companies equipped to deliver energy and mobility on a global scale. We deliver high-quality fuels and lubricants that take customers where they want to go, but we’re more than a global energy business. We are also a retailer, bringing distinctive offers, rewards and leading-edge technology to our customers. We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape Australia’s energy future. If you share our passion and values and want to make a difference every day, we encourage you to join our energetic BP team. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.
About the role
As a Retail Employee Relations Officer, you’ll be responsible for the provision of high-quality employment relations advice, coaching and support to our frontline Retail leaders.
ER Case Management
- Undertake case management of company-owned Retail site ER/IR issues, grievances, disputes, disciplinary processes and internal workplace investigations
- Provide coaching, counselling and advice to frontline Retail leaders on all aspects of Discipline, Grievance and Performance Management
- Escalate complex ER/IR cases and issues to the HR Team Leader and where required, the ER Advisor
- Support the ER Advisor and Retail HR Team Leader to grow line manager capability in managing ER issues
Talent Management and Organisation Capability
- Build organisation capability and support the annual review of talent and succession planning
Reward and Performance Management
- Support the Annual Salary and Performance Review processes
Training and development
- Support the development and delivery of soft skills/ leadership training for site Retail leaders to build people management capability
- Lead the delivery of ad hoc HR projects and deliver the change management and communication processes associated with these projects to ensure their successful implementation
- Provide high quality enterprise agreement/policy interpretation and advice
- Ensure compliance to enterprise agreement, policy & process
- Leverage the service delivery model and coach line managers to ensure silent running of operational HR activity across the business.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of key HR processes and procedures.
- Strong IT skills including Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work to deadlines
- Posses a bias for action, a strong delivery focus and careful attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Effective coaching and influencing skills
- Understanding of commercial impact of HR policy and procedures.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Degree qualified in Human Resources or relevant business discipline